The churchyard features a prehistoric round barrow which was excavated in 1885 by Henry Cunnington who identified the primary cremated burial as Bronze Age (c. 2500-
The medieval village of Ogbourne St Andrew was a manorial estate donated to the abbey of Bec in Normandy in the 12 thC. In the 15th Century it was acquired by King’s College, Cambridge, who retained the land and the village until 1927.
The North Wessex Downs Landscape Trust, through its Sustainable Development Fund, has very generously granted the History Group funds to enable the erection of the information board above early in 2019.
The Trust's mission is to promote wider awareness and engagement with this Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, so that future generations can visit, live and work there while protecting and enhancing the environment that makes it so outstanding.
For more information please visit the Trust's website, http://www.nwd-